The application deadline for 2012 EDF Climate Corps fellow candidates is two days away – January 11th. If you are an MBA or MPA student deciding whether or not to apply, this post will convince you. EDF Climate Corps may just launch your career in the new energy economy!
Following last year’s post on what EDF Climate Corps fellows have gone on to do after their summer experience, we caught up with our alumni to take a crack at part deux of “Real World: Climate Corps.” Many have taken full-time jobs that build directly on their EDF Climate Corps experience. Alumni are working around the world for Fortune 500 corporations, government agencies, small start-ups, private equity firms and utilities. Their roles range from directors of sustainability to facilities engineers to energy efficiency consultants. Here’s what a few of them are up to:
Fortune 500 companies
- Rachel Bourne (2010, Cummins) returned to Cummins as Special Projects Leader for Global Facilities.
- Tracy Liu (2010, Vivaki), is now an associate in the Corporate Citizenship, Insights & Integration at The Walt Disney Company.
- Jamie Mikkelsen (2010, Target) is a Strategic Program Manager of Materials at Intel.
- Megan Rast (2010, eBay) is an Environmental Sustainability Manager at Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Elizabeth Turnbull (2010, adidas) returned to adidas and is a Senior Manager for Environmental Affairs.
- Eva Zlotnicka (2010, Genzyme) is Associate Director of Global Sustainability at UBS Investment Bank
- Katie Schindall (2009, Sodexo) is now a Senior Program Manager, Sustainability at EMC
Utilities and the renewable energy sector
- Russell Baruffi (2009, Sony Pictures Entertainment) is a Renewable Power Project Developer at SunEdison
- Greg Buzzell (2009, Accenture) is the Director of Market Development at SoCore Energy
- At least 5 are at PG&E including: Dan MacDonald (2008, salesforce.com), Program Manager for Third Party Programs; John Joseph (Intuit, 2008), Senior Program Manager of Green Communities and Innovator Pilots; Ali Moazed (2008, Yahoo!), Manager of Finance – Energy Efficiency / Demand Response; Joey Barr (2010, Shorenstein), Senior Product Manager and Margaret Hodes (2011, Genzyme) who will join PG&E’s MBA Leadership Program in the fall of 2012.
Government and universities
- At least three alumni are working at the U.S. Department of Energy: Chris Anderson (2009, Ahold) works in DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Program along with Jeremy Dommu (2010, PHH Arval) a Project Manager in the Office of EE and RE’s Building Technologies Program; and Anne Marie Pippin (2010, Bank of America) is a Presidential Management Fellow at DOE.
- Stuart DeCew (2010, RBS) is now the Program Director at Yale Center for Business and the Environment
- Sahil Thaker (2009, North Carolina Central University) is an Energy Engineer at Ace Energy Inc
- Stacie Shatzer (2011, Nash County, NC) is the Energy Manager for Nash County (NC).
- Hunt Briggs (2009, Biltmore Farms) is the Chief of Business Development at ReGenerate Solutions, LLC
- Jeff Crystal (2007, EDF) is the COO of Voltaic Systems, a solar products company
- Harpreet Singh (2009, AMD) is the Founder at Kvantum Inc, a marketing campaign optimization and delivery
- Several fellows have gone on to work at Deloitte Consulting including: Sarah Shapiro (2009, Cisco Systems); Jen Snook (2010, AT&T); Jay Stone (2010, News Corporation); and Catherine Sweere (2009, salesforce.com)
- Pablo Medina (2009, Intuit) is a consultant at Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Sandrine Dury (2009, HP) is a consultant at Bain and Company
- Jim Wilson (2010, Yahoo!), consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Akshay Honnatti (2010, Ingersoll Rand) is Senior Climate Change and Sustainability Services Officer at Ernst & Young LLP.
Already with a fellow alumni network of 187, the EDF Climate Corps program is poised to grow even bigger for 2012. Join us!
EDF Climate Corps places specially-trained MBA and MPA students in companies, cities and universities to develop practical, actionable energy efficiency plans. Sign up to receive emails about EDF Climate Corps, including regular blog posts by our fellows. You can also visit our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to get regular updates about this project.
Get new posts by email
We'll deliver new blog posts to your inbox.