Reducing the Use of Forest Resources at PRIMEDIA
PRIMEDIA, a leading provider of print, Internet and mobile solutions designed to enable consumers to find a place to live, increased online efforts and resized its publications to reduce its use of forest resources.
Updated: Reduce paper use an additional 20% in 2009. To do this, the company has established a baseline for paper use and is continuing to:
- Redesign publications, such as resizing and evaluating paper type
- Encourage online access to its free content
New: Improve efficiency of and reduce GHG emissions from its facilities and fleet by 10%.
- Establish GHG baselines for facilities and fleets
- Measure facility and fleet GHG emissions on an absolute and productivity basis (GHG emissions/$ revenue)
- Set annual goals to reduce facility and fleet GHG emissions
Progress and future plans
PRIMEDIA is making progress toward its 2009 goal to reduce paper use and has already achieved significant reductions.
This year, PRIMEDIA will continue to reduce paper consumption by further redesigning publications and pursuing additional online strategies and exploring opportunities to expand publication recycling programs currently encouraged at all locations.
Also in 2009, PRIMEDIA will focus on measuring and reducing GHG emissions by improving sales and delivery routing and continuing efforts to consolidate office and warehouse space.