Energy & Emissions
Four Cs of Climate Action
Modeled on the "Three Rs" of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle," our new hierarchy ranks actions on climate: the Four Cs.
Why act now?
Climate change is real and rapidly occurring. Because no sector of the economy is immune from its effects, now is the right time to build climate action into your business strategy:
- Public concern is growing: Consumers are looking to business for solutions. Distinguish your company with strong climate action.
- Shareholders want progress: Investors are calling for transparency. A meaningful plan shows that your company is actively managing risks.
- National policy is coming: Numerous states have mandated cuts to global warming pollution. Bipartisan support for federal legislation is building. Get out in front of it now.
- Waiting to act will be costly: Delaying action on climate increases the risk of economic harm from global warming. The most cost-effective option is to tackle the problem today.
It's good business
Companies recognize the pressing need to respond to climate change. Leading firms have found that reducing global warming pollution:
- nets savings from lower energy costs,
- drives innovation,
- differentiates the company as a good environmental steward and
- prepares for forthcoming federal regulations.
Your company can reap the benefits of credible greenhouse gas emissions reductions by following the Four Cs.