Since your company has not completed the process of setting a specific green freight objective or establishing key performance indicators, you are still at the beginning of your Green Freight journey. To create momentum, here are key areas of focus:
- Define your green freight objective, such as "reducing climate warming emissions from freight shipping"
- Determine the key metrics you will use to measure progress.
Tools to Guide Your Green Freight Journey
EDF has created the tools below to help guide your green freight journey.
- The Green Freight Handbook. A practical guide for developing a sustainable freight transportation strategy for business. The comprehensive guide includes a project identification diagnostic, example metrics, emissions formulas, and case examples.
- Smart Moves white paper. An overview of five essential strategies that have proven to drive down freight-related greenhouse gases and reduce freight costs.
- Green freight case studies. These detailed cases provide practical examples of strategies that you can deploy.