Congratulations, you have built upon your pilot program and are well on your way to becoming a green freight leader. But there is still room to improve. To establish yourself among your peers as a true leader in green freight, here are key areas of focus:
- Declare a long-term goal – something you can build toward in 3-5 years
- Continuously improve existing efforts, focusing on practical projects that positively impact your metrics
Tools to Guide Your Green Freight Journey
EDF has created the tools below to help guide you to the next step of your green freight journey.
- The Green Freight Handbook. A practical guide for developing a sustainable freight transportation strategy for business. The comprehensive guide includes a project identification diagnostic, example metrics, emissions formulas, and case examples.
- Smart Moves white paper. An overview of five essential strategies that have proven to drive down freight-related greenhouse gases and reduce freight costs.
- Green freight case studies. These detailed cases provide practical examples of strategies that you can deploy.