Supply Chain Logistics
There are many operational strategies available to companies today that improve environmental performance and cut costs. Shippers can take advantage of these solutions and be a catalyst for performance and financial benefits for the current freight system.
With so many people working in this space, along with the evolution of technology and new platforms for solutions, there has never been a better time to take advantage of the massive opportunity and potential value.
However in order to do so, shippers face challenges to identify and understand the massive landscape of available tools and resources. They need a yardstick to help measure improvement and develop effective strategies.
This is where EDF steps in. EDF provides expertise to help shippers reap the benefits and find performance-enhancing solutions for their business and the planet..
EDF transportation resources:
- Carbon-efficient Logistics Case Studies – Discover how several leading companies identified significant opportunities to improve environmental performance while lowering transportation costs.
- Collaborating to Clean Ports – Learn how EDF is leading a new collaborative effort to help clean up port pollution.
- Panama Canal Report – an examination of the environmental opportunities presented by the expansion of the Panama Canal for the shipping industry. The paper compares estimates of CO2 and non-carbon dioxide emissions from Asia-U.S. cargo routes.
- Drayage Loan Program in Houston – An innovative program that makes it easier for truck owners to buy new, cleaner trucks to reduce air pollution at the Port of Houston.
- Smart Moves – We have released a new report called "Smart Moves: Creative Supply Chain Strategies Are Cutting Transport Costs and Emissions."