Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
NOx emissions reductions in the state of Texas.
Any individual, corporation, organization, governmental agency, business or any other legal entity who operates or plans to operate on-road heavy-duty vehicles, non-road equipment, or stationary engines primarily in one or more of the nonattainment areas or other eligible counties of the state.
Up to 80% of the incremental cost of purchasing an alternative fuel vehicle can be covered, minus scrap value of truck being scrapped.
Total Funding Level: $90 million
- Must calculate cost-effectiveness of investment
- Purchase of new hybrid truck must entail scrapping of older diesel truck
- On-road vehicles must have a GVWR of at least 8,500 lbs.
- At least 75% of miles driven by grant-funded on-road vehicles must be in nonattainment areas and eligible roadways:
- Austin Area: Williamson, Travis, Bastrop, Caldwell and Hays Counties
- Beaumont-Port Arthur: Hardin, Orange and Jefferson Counties
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Denton, Collin, Tarrant, Dallas, Rockwall, Kaufman, Ellis, Johnson and Parker Counties
- Houston-Galveston-Brazoria: Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller, Montgomery, Liberty, Chambers, Galveston and Harris Counties
- San Antonio Area: Comal, Guadalupe, Wilson and Bexar Counties
- Tyler-Longview: Upshur, Gregg, Rusk, Smith and Harrison Counties
Opening Date: TBD
Application Deadline: TBD