Degrees Episode 07: Trish Kenlon
How to land a sustainability J-O-B!
Trish Kenlon is a self-described “people connector, community builder and change agent”. But as the Founder of Sustainable Career Pathways, she is all about helping people find the employment opportunity of their dreams.
Whether you have a sustainability degree or something else, Trish can help answer questions like: how do I get that job? What are employers looking for in 2021? What are the trends these days? What can I do today to make progress toward a new job? And how can it be easier?
- 01:36 – What is Sustainable Career Pathways?
- 02:29 – All hands on deck! There’s ample need and opportunity for all skillsets.
- 02:56 – The “sea change” that’s overtaken the sustainability job market.
- 04:17 – The rise of the sustainability specialist.
- 04:58 – Trish’s prediction for what’s ahead in sustainability jobs? One acronym: ESG.
- 05:17 – Yesh defines ESG.
- 05:40 – The rise of the “S” in ESG.
- 06:21 – What other categories are poised for growth?
- 07:29 – Trish talks about how to get started.
- 09:02 – What if you don’t have a sustainability degree?
- 09:59 – Trish on gaining traction where ever and however you can.
- 12:14 – Can anyone in any job make an impact? Yes– here’s how!
- 13:03 – Advice for folks wanting to change careers.
- 13:32 – What are the universal skillsets?
- 15:01 – The impact of COVID-19 on the sustainability sector.
- 16:46 – Getting real: what hurdles and/or obstacles can you expect?
- 18:25 – What trips up people’s job searches?
- 19:42 – Trish on networking and staying organized.
- 20:57 – A “system” for networking.
- 23:13 – Trish talks about her personal “Board of Directors”.
- 24:49 – Yesh talks about her personal Board of Directors
Want to learn more about Trish and her work with Sustainable Career Pathways? Follow these links:
Visit the Sustainable Career Pathways Homepage.
Check out this article for hope (and tips) for sustainability job seekers during COVID-19.
Jumpstart your sustainability career with Climate Corps.
Visit the Degrees Resource Page for job boards, articles and advice on finding a job.
Degrees Episode 06: Bill Weihl
Why employees are key for a hopeful ...
Degrees bonus episode: Staff picks
Great reads and listens: Inspiration from the Degrees ...
Degrees Episode 05: Boma Brown-West
Chemical soup: The quest to create a toxic-free ...
We want to hear from you
Have a comment? A (constructive) gripe? A great idea for a guest? Want to shower us with praise? Use the form below.